The ELVeS Radial Laser ablation method of biolitec uses laser-energy to close the malicious vein (Vena saphena magna or Vena saphena parva). In turn the effected vein degenerates and is absorbed by the human body in the following weeks or months.
- The ELVeS Radial™ procedure is performed under ultrasound guidance and Tumescent Local Anesthesia (TLA). However, some centres prefer to work without TLA using a sensory femoral nerve block or a mild sedation with some reported advantages.
- Following percutaneous entry into the saphenous vein the ELVeS® applicator system is advanced towards the saphena-femoral junction.
- The laser procedure is carried out along the entire length of the incompetent vein under continuous pull back of the ELVeS® applicator system.
- The complete treatment takes about 30-45 minutes; patients can return to normal activities immediately.
- Bi-lateral ELVeS Radial™ treatments or combined procedures can be performed during the same session.
ELVeS Radial 2ring™
Splitting the power in two phases (distance of rings 6mm) leads to an effective closure of the vein with:
- less energy density of each ring
- optimal homogenous radiation to the vessel wall
- easier pullback technique
The 2-phase radiation with ELVeS Radial 2ring™ is the best choice for a perfect outcome, not only for experienced physicians, but also for beginners who need an efficient, safe and easy-to-use technique.
ELVeS Radial slim™
Designed to treat superficial venous reflux on perforator veins and small saphenous veins. More complicated anatomies and recurrences from stripping can also be handled effortlessly with Radial Slim™.